Friday, November 27, 2009

November 14, 2009 -- Engaged!


Deer Season!

Todd and I got up at 5:45 this morning to go hunting. He has been seeing some bucks around but due to the number of people in his family that hunt we decided to go up north on Rowse's pasture (where Todd keeps his yearlings in the summer). We had previously seen 4 descent muley up there and hoping to spot them again!
As we drove up there we noticed quite a few people around that area...well, its deer season anything is possible! So we ventured west into the pasture to find a hillside to perch on to wait for the big one. As we were sitting there we saw a few doe running around. So being impatient, Todd said we should walk around a little bit and look for the buck! We ended up in the southwest corner of the pasture and all of the sudden there was a little fork whitetail about 30 yards from us. Todd bent down behind me and I could hear him fumbling with his backpack (I thought he was getting his camera to take a picture of the deer, cause it wasn't shot worthy!). Pretty soon I heard him "Amanda." I kept watching the lil buck and said waht...pretty soon he says "Amanda" (a little more insistently). I replied with a typical answer that Todd would tell me "Todd...shhh...there is a deer." Then VERY insistenly he repeated "Amanda." So I turn around and much to my surprise see him down on his knee with a ring glistening in the morning sunrise! As you can tell I said yes and as they say the rest is history! :)
The rest of the day was full of letting everyone know about our special morning thus far! (Little did I know, a lot of our friends knew this was coming and some had even seen my ring...which Todd kept hidding in a scope box!)

No comments:

Post a Comment