Today was another big day in the wedding planning. My friend, Emily, and I went to Norfolk to take advantage of the floral stem sale at Hobby Lobby! I worked last night so we left about 1 p.m. Of course we had to throw in some Christmas shopping and a birthday supper for Emily! (Happy Birthday, Em, you are the best!)
We hit Hobby Lobby about 3:45 and walked out one hour later with a huge bag full of floral stems! Emily and I walked the three aisles of floral stems for a bit, looking things over and then started grabbing! We started picking things to make my bouquet. After adding/subtracting, a few mmm maybe/mmm nah and "o that's perfect" we had roughly put together the perfect bouquet! We then worked on the bridesmaids bouquets, mimicing mine only with a little different color base! Finally on to the numerous male boutonniere's and mother's corsages!
A little floral wire, tape, along with a couple rolls of ribbon and now Abbey's room looks like a mini floral shop! (Thanks Ab, I knew you wouldn't mind!)
I can't wait to get started, the colors are beautiful (even my dad agreed!). I feel relieved to have those decided and am itching to get started!
We hit Hobby Lobby about 3:45 and walked out one hour later with a huge bag full of floral stems! Emily and I walked the three aisles of floral stems for a bit, looking things over and then started grabbing! We started picking things to make my bouquet. After adding/subtracting, a few mmm maybe/mmm nah and "o that's perfect" we had roughly put together the perfect bouquet! We then worked on the bridesmaids bouquets, mimicing mine only with a little different color base! Finally on to the numerous male boutonniere's and mother's corsages!
A little floral wire, tape, along with a couple rolls of ribbon and now Abbey's room looks like a mini floral shop! (Thanks Ab, I knew you wouldn't mind!)
I can't wait to get started, the colors are beautiful (even my dad agreed!). I feel relieved to have those decided and am itching to get started!
No comments:
Post a Comment