Monday, February 1, 2010

Second Minor Meltdown!

This last weekend we took off for our annual adventure to the Big Buck Classic with Sam & Kendra. We enjoyed it last year and have vowed to make it a yearly thing! Saturday is the day we dedicate to the Qwest Center to check out the vendors. Sam made some friends with an outfitter from Colorado last year, and was anxious to get back to talk to them and arrange for a mule deer hunt this year. We went up and down the aisles and finally ran into Wes and his wife at the Atkinson Expeditions booth. After visiting with them for an awhile, we left to go eat lunch. When we returned, Sam went to speak with Wes. After they spoke for almost two hours, Sam came back to us with the details of his trip. He was so excited, and told us he leaves October 9th. Todd and I both look at him and together say, "Are you kidding me?" It didn't phase him and he kept telling us about the adventure. Umm....WAIT A MINUTE! After getting him to listen we explained to him that as a member of the wedding party he can't miss the wedding! (Initially, we had to call Sam's mom to find out when their Africa trip was to set the date of the wedding.) Wes was still standing there talking to us and heard the controversy. He informed Sam that season is 17 days long and he can come out anytime during those days! So after a little discussion, Sam will probably leave either the 10th or 11th!

We also might be getting a 2 for 1 deal. Todd wants to go out there and shoot coyotes; Wes said he could shoot all that he could find! So now Todd and I might be headed to Colorado for a few days for our honeymoon! So overall, it was a good weekend!

Today it is back to reality, and back to work for me! I have spent the afternoon, however, working on wording and layouts for our wedding invites and programs. I am hoping that this summer Abbey and I can get them put together relatively easily if I have them all ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment